We had to go dark at some point, and Robin was testing out some techniques for Halloween, so this take on a Vodka Cranberry incorporates that iconic missing eye that Clamp is so well known for (in certain circles, anyway). It was hard to capture in the drink, but that’s an “eyeball” at the bottom of the glass, made out of a lychee and a grape.
- Black cherry Vodka
- Cranberry juice
- Concord grapes (frozen)
- Freeze lychees and grapes
- Once frozen, you can shove the grape into the lychee without it falling apart. Boom, done!
- Put the eyeball in the glass.
- Cover with black cherry vodka (about a shot’s worth).
- Fill ¾ full with cranberry juice, and the rest with seltzer.
- Enjoy with your favorite villians.
When we started this podcast, we realized pretty quickly that we weren’t content just recording our thoughts on each series—we wanted to get in the mood by making ourselves themed drinks each time we recorded. And we figured, why not share them with all of you?
For RG Veda, Robin wanted to capture a bit of it’s Hindu inspirations with a flavor popular in India: rose water. It can be especially lovely in sweets, so we chose a milkshake, making this a great treat for a summer day, even if you’re not reading all of RG Veda in one sitting.
- 1 part ice cream
- 1 part milk
- rose syrup to taste & pinkness
- Combine your milk and ice cream, and slowly blend.
- Add rose syrup to the milkshake and blend to incorporate. Taste, and add more as needed!