We weren’t content with just drinks for our beloved Tokyo Babylon! Robin loves playing around with agar as a jello alternative (it sets up better and comes in a different range of flavors, plus it’s vegan!), and when she realized she could make white agar, and have it slowly turn pink in red agar…well, we couldn’t resist!
You can also easily swap this with jello, just follow package instructions!
- 1 package plain agar (or jello)
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Plain milk
- Dark cherry juice
- Use half the agar, mix sweetened condensed milk with plain milk to reach liquid amount called for by agar’s package.
- Pour into a low, flat pan to set.
- Cut into the shape of cherry blossoms (we used a cookie cutter…because of course Robin has a cherry blossom cookie cutter).
- Use the other half of the agar, and mix with dark cherry juice (replace all liquid in package’s instructions).
- Pour into molds (we used glasses)
- After about a half an hour, poke white flower petals into the red liquid. They’ll slowly turn pink!
- Let set, and enjoy!